Smart, Gentle, Efficient. Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is an established minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins. The generator and ProCurve V applicator of the Precision System allow highly accurate and customized varicose vein treatments. Using bipolar radiofrequency technology, the "Pulse RFITT" mode (radiofrequency induced thermotherapy), occludes veins gently and efficiently.
- Impedance Measurement & Auto-Stop Feature
- Continuous intraoperative impedance measurement determining the tissue condition
- As tissue impedance rises, the generator automatically adjusts its power output
- Once the vein is occluded, or the tip is inside an introducer sheath, the Auto-Stop function is automatically enabled
- The bipolar RF current does not heat the electrode tip itself, but only the adjacent tissue
- The generator may also be employed in standard inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures (monopolar and bipolar settings)
- Applicator with slender diameter of 1.8 mm (5 Fr/6 Fr).
- Flexible shaft for easy insertion.
- Centimeter markings for precise placement (rubber ring-positioning guide).
- Clear tip visualization on ultrasound for easy positioning.
- Short electrode tip of 18 mm (enabling treatment of short vein segments e.g. perforators).
- May be positioned up to 1 cm inferior of the saphenous junctions.
- Tissue heated up to about 212° F.
- Protects against thermal damage to the introducer sheath.
- Continuous withdrawal with inbuilt auto-feedback control.