ESG-300 Electrosurgical System
ESG-300 Electrosurgical System
The ESG-300 system is the latest generation of electrosurgical devices designed exclusively for GI and pulmonary, and includes all of the modes and settings required by physicians performing advanced therapeutic procedures including those that may require argon plasma coagulation (APC).
The ESG-300 can be used in conjunction with the APU-300 or as a stand-alone electrosurgical generator to perform all basic electrosurgical procedures in Gastroenterology and Pulmonary segments and has in addition new advanced modes required for state-of-the-art procedures. The ESG-300 is able to produce a variety of electrical waveforms resulting in different tissue effects (Cutting modes and coagulation modes, as well as blended modes). The main benefit of the variety of modes is the ability to make precise cuts with limited blood loss by generating concentrated current.
The argon plasma coagulation unit, APU-300, is part of the Olympus Argon System for performing Monopolar Argon Plasma Coagulation (MAPC) procedures. MAPC is a contact free, monopolar procedure for superficial hemostasis, devitalization and ablation using ionized argon gas. It produces a relatively even superficial coagulation with low penetration depth. The penetration depth depends on variables such as mode, effect level and duration of application.
Simply Intelligent and designed with you and your patients in mind, the ESG-300 system’s intuitive design avoids complexity of use and setup, providing user optimization and overall procedural efficiency.
Key benefits of the ESG-300 include the following:
- Flexibility of use as a stand alone generator or in combination with the Argon Plasma Unit to produce a variety of waveforms to accommodate monopolar, bipolar and argon plasma coagulation devices.
- The Argon Plasma Unit (APU-300) featuring the Olympus exclusive SmartArgon mode detects distance to tissue and adjusts power automatically. This feature supports consistent and safe hemostasis with reduced carbonization and limits the penetration depth of the plasma beam, making SmartArgon the perfect option for fragile tissue structures.
- Plug and play devices eliminate additional steps and streamline the procedure.
- The large, easy to read graphical interface provides increased setting visibility.
- An intuitive touch screen provides ease of use to set up physician specific procedures along with making adjustments to power and effect when required for a more effective procedure.
- Precise and easy to read error messages simplify error handling along with renowned and proven safety features: Fast Spark Monitor, High Power Cut Support, Contact Quality Monitor and Leakage Protection Sensor.
- The foot switch includes automatic assignment for ease of setup along with a toggle button that allows the clinician to transition efficiently through procedural settings.
- A robust offering of neutral electrodes including a variety of sizes and designs, skin-friendly surface, split-design with hydrogel, minimizing the risk of pad site burns and providing optimum skin contact.
|Full range of monopolar, bipolar and argon plasma coagulation modes||Perform endoscopic procedures including Argon Plasma Coagulation|
|Touch screen||Choose settings easily|
|Intuitive memory function||Find your preferred settings easily|
|Customizable procedure settings||Several settings can be arranged into a procedure|
|Foot switch recognition||Plug & Play once attached|
|Independent generator or compatible with Argon Plasma Generator||Provides effective use in therapeutic procedures including those requiring Argon Plasma Coagulation|
|Compatible with devices used for endoscopic therapeutic procedures in GI and pulmonary||Provides flexibility in GI and pulmonary procedures|
|Mode||Maximum output voltage (Vp)||Default Power Level (W)||Effect Level|
|Monopolar||Cut PureCut||740||40||1 to 3|
|Monopolar||Cut BlendCut||1400||40||1 to 5|
|Monopolar||Cut PulseCut Slow||770||40||1 to 5|
|Monopolar||Cut PulseCut Fast||770||40||1 to 5|
|Monopolar||Coag SoftCoag||221||80||1 to 5|
|Monopolar||Coag PowerCoag||2500||40||1 to 5|
|Monopolar||Coag ForcedCoag||2000||40||1 to 5|
|Monopolar||Coag SprayCoag||4300||100||1 to 3|
|Bipolar||Cut BipolarCut||700||40||1 to 3|
|Bipolar||Coag BiSoft Coag||220||40||1 to 3|
|Bipolar||Coag AutoCoag||220||40||1 to 3|
|Argon||Coag Forced Argon||4300||30||1|
|Argon||Coag PulsedArgon Slow||4300||30||1|
|Argon||Coag PulsedArgon Fast||4300||30||1|
|Argon||Coag SmartArgon||4300||30||1 to 5|
|Power Requirements: Voltage Range||AC 100 to 120 V/AC 220 to 240V +/- 10%|
|Power Requirements: Frequency||50Hz/60Hz|
|Power Requirements: Fuse||2 x 250 V/T 10AH|
|High Frequency Functions||Monopolar/Bipolar|
|HF Frequency||430kHz +/- 20%|
|Duty Type||INT 10 s/30 s (= duty cycle of 25%)|
|Maximum Input Power||1100 VA|
|Fuse||2 x 250 V/T 10 AH|
|Classification accordingto MDD||llb|
|Protection class according to IEC 60601-1||CF, Class I|
|Monopolar output socket|
|3-pin plugs||PinØ 4 mm (international Valleylab standard)|
|1-pin plugs||PinØ 8 mm (Bovie Standard)|
|1-pin plugs||PinØ 4 mm|
|Bipolar output socket|
|2-pin plugs||PinØ 4 mm, 28.6 mm pin spacing (international/Valleylab standard)|
|2-pin plug||PinØ 4 mm with 3rd coding pin (Valleylab standard)|
|Coaxial plug||PinØ 4/8 mm (Erbe standard)|
|Neutral electrode socket|
|2-pin plugs||Ø 2.5mm, 10 mm pin spacing|
|Size & Weight|
|Width x Depth x Height||370 x 156 x 465 mm|
|Temperature||10 to 40oC (50 to 104oF)|
|Relative Humidity||30 to 85%, non-condensing|
|Atmospheric Pressure||70 to 106 hPa|