Proven Precision in Real Time
Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) technology from Olympus offers a comprehensive solution for diagnosing and staging of lung cancer. The Olympus EBUS system is a solution recommended for both lymph node sampling and peripheral lesion detection.1
first test for staging the
for Smoother Sampling
A 25 G needle is something I have always wanted available in our lab. From our point of view, the needle tip is sharper; it handles easily and provides a more than adequately sized, high-quality specimen. Having this needle allows me to feel more comfortable when proceeding with EBUS on patients for whom discontinuing anticoagulant therapy is not an option.”5
– Ramyar Madhavi, MD
The Olympus ViziShot 2 FLEX 19 G EBUS-TBNA needle has been a great addition to the armamentarium for linear EBUS bronchoscopy. There has been discussion across the IP world regarding making the needles bigger vs smaller. When I tested the 19 G needle, my cytopathologists stated that they liked the specimen from this larger gauge needle better, and so I continue to use this needle, almost exclusively. Additionally, the ViziShot 2 FLEX 19 G needle is far easier to use.”6
– Jessica Wang Memoli, MD
1. Silvestri GA, Gonzalez AV, Jantz MA, Margolis ML, Gould MK, Tanoue LT, Harris LJ, Detterbeck FC: “Diagnosis and Managementof Lung Cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines” CHEST 2013; 143(5)(Suppl):e211S–e250S.
2. Nakajima T, Yasufuku K, Suzuki M, Hiroshima K, Kubo R, Mohammed S, Miyagi Y, Matsukuma S, Sekine Y, Fujisawa T: “Assessmentof Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutation by Endobronchial Ultrasound-Guided Transbronchial Needle Aspiration.”Chest 2007; 132: 597-602.
3. Nakajima T, Yasufuku K, Suzuki M, Mohamed S, Sekine Y, Shibuya K, Takiguchi Y, Hiroshima K, Kimura H, Fujisawa T: “Chemosensitivity-Related Aberrant Methylation Profiling of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer by Endobronchial Ultrasound-Guided Transbronchial Needle Aspiration.” Chest Meeting Abstracts 2007; 132: 466a.
4. De Leyn P1, Dooms C, Kuzdzal J, Lardinois D, Passlick B, Rami-Porta R, Turna A, Van Schil P, Venuta F, Waller D, Weder W, Zielinski M: “Revised ESTS guidelines for preoperative mediastinal lymph node staging for non-small-cell lung cancer.” Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2014 May;45(5):787-98.
5. Olympus America, Inc. (2020, July 30). Olympus Launches New EBUS-TBNA Needle for Lung Cancer Staging and Diagnosis [Press release]. Retrieved from https://medical.olympusamerica.com/articles/olympus-launches-new-ebus-tbna-needle-lung-cancer-staging-and-diagnosis.
6. Olympus America, Inc. (2020, August). Advancing Lung Cancer Staging & Diagnosis: ViziShot 2 FLEX 19 G Fine Needle Biopsy Indication [Media pitch].